On Thursday we were given the task to work in groups of 3 and design a mode of transport which would carry an egg.
The idea was based upon The BBC 2 show which ran from 1979 to 1986 it was a science-based show ‘which introduced BBC Two viewers to teams of inventors who took on the challenge of building gadgets using limited resources.
We had to use this idea but create ours using Maya.
This was the Dragon Mobile we created to carry the egg. It is propelled by one large wheel and then supported by 4 smaller wheels. I really liked how it turned out and I had a lot of fun doing this project.
We experimented with different shots once we had finished our final character, this is our tracking shot.
This was a quick piece a practice animation looking at the joints and movements of the character.
These are some of the models I have been working on and designing for our project.
I prefer modeling and jointing the characters over rigging them but I have found several excellent tutorials for rigging and hope create some nice controls for the models.
I prefer shorter design for our Sushi Ninja but a few members of the team have concerns about the appearance believing it doesn’t fit with our idea and aesthetics in this project so I will refine the design further until it comes more into line with the other designs in the project.
These are some of the set designs from Tyrones’ development stage when he was creating the set we used.
Tyrone finished building the set we are going to use for our final animation.
We Have placed some basic cubes in the scene for the moment until we have our completed models.
Ryan worked on the lighting for the scene and is arranging some of the camera angles and cinematography for our animation while myself and Micheal work on character designs and rigging for our final animation.
These were the final designs we decided to use when modeling our characters for animation.